Mar 31, 2010 Uncategorized
Verizon Wireless has released Blackberry OS 220.127.116.111 for Blackberry Tour models , Verizon is currently offering an upgrade via their website ,Blackberry users are very excited to get the new OS on their device . The Upgrade comes with impressive features listed below
− Smoother operation in both camera and video applications.
− Improved Bluetooth® functionality for last number dialed.
− Enhanced functionality for Voice Activated Dialing in both French
− Improved missed call log now shows missed Call Waiting calls.
− Upgraded Call Waiting caller ID and call timer.
− Improved functionality for reading, sending, forwarding, and
deleting SMS messages.
− Corrected in-box display when device is used with a holster.
− Better video streaming functionality.
− Enhanced display for MMS messages containing both video
− Improved multitasking ability while streaming and downloading
videos from www.youtube.com.
- Basic operations
− Improved operation during charging.
− Simplified key-lock functionality. A password is no longer needed
unless a security timeout has occurred.
− Improved GPS connectivity when using third-party
− Push to Talk–capable.
There are also many Unofficial releases out on the web , most of them are hanging over file sharing platform and have been removed due to violation of terms , but I personally don’t recommend you guys to go for it unless you are pro, because they are not tested against your device’s build and carrier .So just chill out with the new OS 18.104.22.1681 this summer
Mar 30, 2010 News
The PTT application is available on the Application center and also on the VZStart on their handsets, once the PTT is added to the service plans. Verizon is offering free PTT service for limited period of time, to customers who activate a qualifying voice plan and BlackBerry data plan.
What’s more within the Verizon PTT for Blackberry?
- An individual can communicate with one person or the whole team with a push of a button
- You can initiate and participate in Group calls with up to 50 participants
- You can also check availability of your colleagues with the Presence feature before a PTT call.
- Same device and phone number for both PTT and voice calls
- Online contact management tool for entire organization
This service would definitely increase productivity of customers looking out for robust business communication capabilities and instant communication. Now your team won’t miss anything you say into your walkie-talkie phone!
Mar 30, 2010 News
Being a professional social network it was very important for LinkedIn to reach the Blackberry users and now they have done it with the newly released LinkedIn App for Blackberry. Yesterday LinkedIn announced the full release of its app for Blackberry v 1.0, which would also be available for download from the BlackBerry App World application. Currently the app is available for download here .
LinkedIn has been working with RIM for a couple of months to use the phone’s technologies with this application. Previously there have been LinkedIn applications developed for iPhone. The Blackberry app is as feature rich as its iPhone counter part with features like :
- Direct connections search as well as entire LinkedIn network search
- Feed visualization
- Viewing profile information
- Messaging your direct connections
- Accessing your LinkedIn Inbox
- Sending and accepting invitations
- Suggestion for new connections
- Integration of LinkedIn connections with device address book and store contact info on device
- LinkedIn messages will be directly shown on device inbox
- View profile of an attendee of a meeting on device calendar
LinkedIn has always been making significant changes to its platform by adding features like two way integration with twitter as well as opening up its API to developers of various platforms like iPhone , Blackberry and Android. LinkedIn is also integrating itself with Microsoft Outlook to help users access parts of LinkedIn through Outlook .
Mar 11, 2010 News
Recently RIM announced the launch of Blackberry Internet Service 3.0 which is expected to bring in a bunch of exciting new features on top of what Blackberry users have been receiving from their current version of BIS. Blackberry Internet Service 3.0 is scheduled for launch in EMEA on April 14th.
The biggest feature in BIS 3.0 is probably the launch of both way synchronization of Google mail account to Blackberry as it is definitely one of the features that Blackberry users have been dying for.
Here’s a roundup of the features that Blackberry user s can expect when the upgrade to BIS 3.0
- Updates to the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in for BlackBerry Smartphone’s , Now you can synchronize the Read / Unread and sent messages , and also create and manage labels through your blackberry device but The Google Mail plug-in requires BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 or higher and a Google Mail integration, using GIMAP, within BlackBerry Internet Service.So you won’t be able to avail this service if your Device software version is below 4.5
- Additional language support for Basque, Catalan, Galician, Romanian
- Now you can attach files Open Document presentations (.odp) , Open Document spreadsheets (.ods) ,Open Document text (.odt), Open Document text templates (.ott), Windows Media Audio (.wma)
- It also allows BlackBerry Smartphone users to reclaim their email address if their BlackBerry Internet Service account is ever deleted.
- BlackBerry Internet Service 3.0 is designed to support xHTML and provide BlackBerry Smartphone users with a richer user experience, allowing for the use of buttons, additional fonts and colour controls when users access and toggle their user settings.
- BlackBerry Smartphone users are required to revalidate all email accounts upon PIN changes. This includes username/password users who log in to their account through HTML, Thick Client, or xHTML (previously WAP). It also includes PIN changes that are completed through BlackBerry Internet Service Administration
- BlackBerry smartphone users will be instructed to contact their specific carrier and will be provided with carrier contact information in HTML and WAP error messages.
This service will be user friendly and easy to use , further it would help to reduce the burden of user who need to manage their mail accounts from both ends.
Mar 3, 2010 News
Handmark launched the New York Daily News App that would bring all the news from New York Daily directly to your Blackberry handset. While this is definitely an awesome app for regular and dedicated readers for New York Daily, I wonder why wouldn’t some one subscribe to a RSS based app where he can get news from multiple sources rather than getting an application like this that would pull news from only one source. This Blackberry app would probably be a better fit for people who are more frequent and dedicated readers of New York Daily rather then the surfer types who surf through multiple sources.
Besides developing this Blackberry application, New York Daily has also got its app for iPhone and they would also be launching an application for Android soon.
If you would like to get this news app on your blackberry you can download it from http://www.nydailynews.com/mobile/index.html or text “mobile” to to DNEWS (36397)