Apr 20, 2011 Uncategorized
Research in Motion recently released BlackBerry PlayBook. In our series of comparing BlackBerry PlayBook price and specs with other available Tablets in the market, this time we compare BlackBerry PlayBook specs with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 specs.
- Operating System- RIM’s PlayBook uses BlackBerry Tablet OS whereas Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 uses Tablet specific Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb). There is not much to choose between the operating systems of both devices, and it generally depends on the user preferences.
- Processor- There is little to choose between the two, a few minor differences here and there, RIM’s BlackBerry Playbook and Samsung’s Galaxy Tab as both use 1GHz Dual Core processor.
- Form Factor- Both, BlackBerry Playbook and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 are nicely designed and look very attractive.
- Display- BlackBerry Playbook with 7-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen, resolution- 600 x 1024 pixels is smaller in size and also in resolution when compared to Samsung’s Galaxy Tab’s 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen, resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels.
- Memory- BlackBerry PlayBook and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 are similar in memory storage as both Tablets offer 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of onboard storage and both come ready with 1 GB of RAM. The only difference being the MicroSD card support (upto 32GB) available in Galaxy Tab.
- Camera- BlackBerry Playbook features a 5 MP rear camera and 3 MP front camera with autofocus facility whereas Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 features 8MP rear and 2MP front camera with autofocus, LED flash and geo-tagging facility. Clearly, Galaxy Tab gets ahead in the camera features.
|Platform||BB Tablet OS (QNX)||Android 3.0|
|Processor||1GHz dual-core||1GHz dual-core|
|Memory||1 GB RAM||1 GB RAM|
|Storage||16GB , 32GB, and 64 GB||16GB , 32GB and 64 GB|
|Front Camera||3 MP||2 MP|
|Rear Camera||5 MP||8 MP|
|Dimensions||5.1×7.6×0.4 inches||9.69×6.71×0.43 inches|
|Weight||0.9 lbs.||1.32 lbs|
|Price||$499- $699||$499- $699|