Apr 20, 2011 Uncategorized
Research in Motion recently released BlackBerry PlayBook. In our series of comparing BlackBerry PlayBook price and specs with other available Tablets in the market, this time we compare BlackBerry PlayBook specs with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 specs.
- Operating System- RIM’s PlayBook uses BlackBerry Tablet OS whereas Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 uses Tablet specific Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb). There is not much to choose between the operating systems of both devices, and it generally depends on the user preferences.
- Processor- There is little to choose between the two, a few minor differences here and there, RIM’s BlackBerry Playbook and Samsung’s Galaxy Tab as both use 1GHz Dual Core processor.
- Form Factor- Both, BlackBerry Playbook and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 are nicely designed and look very attractive.
- Display- BlackBerry Playbook with 7-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen, resolution- 600 x 1024 pixels is smaller in size and also in resolution when compared to Samsung’s Galaxy Tab’s 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen, resolution of 800 x 1280 pixels.
- Memory- BlackBerry PlayBook and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 are similar in memory storage as both Tablets offer 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of onboard storage and both come ready with 1 GB of RAM. The only difference being the MicroSD card support (upto 32GB) available in Galaxy Tab.
- Camera- BlackBerry Playbook features a 5 MP rear camera and 3 MP front camera with autofocus facility whereas Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 features 8MP rear and 2MP front camera with autofocus, LED flash and geo-tagging facility. Clearly, Galaxy Tab gets ahead in the camera features.
|Platform||BB Tablet OS (QNX)||Android 3.0|
|Processor||1GHz dual-core||1GHz dual-core|
|Memory||1 GB RAM||1 GB RAM|
|Storage||16GB , 32GB, and 64 GB||16GB , 32GB and 64 GB|
|Front Camera||3 MP||2 MP|
|Rear Camera||5 MP||8 MP|
|Dimensions||5.1×7.6×0.4 inches||9.69×6.71×0.43 inches|
|Weight||0.9 lbs.||1.32 lbs|
|Price||$499- $699||$499- $699|
Apr 19, 2011 Uncategorized
On the eve of BlackBerry PlayBook hitting shelves in United States and Canada, we did a quick comparison of PlayBook specs with iPad 2 specs. Here’s our feature wise comparison of RIM’s PlayBook with Apple’s iPad 2. Scroll down and decide yourself!
|Apple iPad 2 Vs BlackBerry PlayBook|
|Platform||iOS 4.3||BB Tablet OS (QNX|
|Processor||1GHz dual core A5||1GHz dual-core|
|Memory||Not Specified||1 GB RAM|
|Storage||16GB, 32GB, 64GB||16GB , 32GB, 64GB|
|Front Camera||VGA for FaceTime and Photo Booth||3 MP|
|Rear Camera||720p HD/5x digital zoom video||5 MP|
|Battery Life||10 h||Not Specified|
|Dimensions||9.5 x7.31×0.34 inches||5.1×7.6×0.4 inches|
|Weight||1.33 lbs||0.9 lbs.|
To find how BlackBerry PlayBook stacks up against iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab and other Tablet devices in the competition, you can view this presentation from [x]cubeLabs-
Apr 9, 2010 Uncategorized
BreezyPrint is a new software which allows you you to print from your blackberry directly to a printer .
Many times it so happens that BlackBerry users want to print something that came to their corporate account on the BlackBerry device but that isn’t immediately available on their computer. Sure, you can spend 10 minutes logging into some remote access terminal and starting up the remote access version of your email client, then downloading and printing your document , but instead of wasting time on your computer you could have done something else , here’s where Breezyprint comes in it tells its companion app what to print and the companion app on computer passes the document to the printer .
The service isn’t cheap because it relies on the Breezyprint servers and ensures that corporate firewalls don’t get in its way , they are charging an yearly fee of $25 after a 30-day trial , currently this service is only available for Blackberry devices keeping in mind the use of the device in professional world , but is definitely going to come on the iPhone and the Android’s too.
Mar 31, 2010 Uncategorized
Verizon Wireless has released Blackberry OS 184.108.40.2061 for Blackberry Tour models , Verizon is currently offering an upgrade via their website ,Blackberry users are very excited to get the new OS on their device . The Upgrade comes with impressive features listed below
− Smoother operation in both camera and video applications.
− Improved Bluetooth® functionality for last number dialed.
− Enhanced functionality for Voice Activated Dialing in both French
− Improved missed call log now shows missed Call Waiting calls.
− Upgraded Call Waiting caller ID and call timer.
− Improved functionality for reading, sending, forwarding, and
deleting SMS messages.
− Corrected in-box display when device is used with a holster.
− Better video streaming functionality.
− Enhanced display for MMS messages containing both video
− Improved multitasking ability while streaming and downloading
videos from www.youtube.com.
- Basic operations
− Improved operation during charging.
− Simplified key-lock functionality. A password is no longer needed
unless a security timeout has occurred.
− Improved GPS connectivity when using third-party
− Push to Talk–capable.
There are also many Unofficial releases out on the web , most of them are hanging over file sharing platform and have been removed due to violation of terms , but I personally don’t recommend you guys to go for it unless you are pro, because they are not tested against your device’s build and carrier .So just chill out with the new OS 220.127.116.111 this summer